Dressing packs are to be used when clinically indicated, e.g. post-surgical wounds
NICE NG125: Surgical site infections: prevention and treatment (April 2019).
For staff employed by Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust, supplies of dressing packs will be ordered through web basket
not via FP10.
When considering prescribing/recommending a dressing pack, remember:
- Dressing packs should only be used where clinically indicated and in line with employing organisation policies, procedures and guidelines
- There is no component of any dressing pack which should be left in permanent contact with the wound
- Dressing packs containing cotton wool balls should not be used due to fibre-shed.
Non-drug tariff specification sterile dressing packs
Nurse-it dressing pack
Last updated: 30-01-2020
- Dressing pack (£0.55 each)
- Contains latex-free, powder-free nitrile gloves, sterile laminated paper sheet, large apron, non-woven swabs, paper towel, disposable bag, compartmented tray, disposable forceps, paper measuring tape
17. Wound Management Formulary >
17.7 Wound care accessories >
17.7.1 Dressing packs
- First line
- Second line