This page was printed from the Northern & Eastern Devon Formulary and Referral site at
Please ensure you are using the current version of this document
Devon CCG has commissioned a secure clinical image app called PhotoSAF for use by primary health care professionals across Devon.
The app enables personal mobile devices and smart phones to be used securely to take and transfer patient images quickly and easily into clinical systems.
To enable more patients to be managed remotely, and to streamline patients to the correct outpatient services, you can use the app to;
The app is produced by Consultant Connect ® and has been commissioned as a stand-alone tool to supplement (not replace) existing NHS e-Referral Service (e-RS) pathways.
Wider Consultant Connect services (telephone and Advice and Guidance) are not included in this commissioning arrangement.
Following a recent practice audit the CCG is purchasing a supply of dermatascopes and training manuals for practices who may wish to use them free of charge. Further information will be issued when they are available.
1. Download the app and register
For service support please call 01865 261467 or email: email@example.com
2. Open app and click PhotoSAF icon at bottom of screen
3. Confirm patient has given consent for images and use agreed local consent policy. If sending images through Devon teledermatology Advice and Guidance services (below) please use local consent form, take a photo of the signed consent form and send with images.
4. Take images and click 'use photo'
5. Enter NHS number and click 'Next'
6. Add notes if required, using smartphone microphone icon or typing.
7. Click 'Save' and choose 'save without sharing'
8. Photos will be saved to the Consultant Connect secure cloud and will simultaneously be sent to your nhs.net email (email copies can be disabled through Profile – Settings – Notifications).
9. Images, or PDFs (with images and notes) can be downloaded as required by you or your administrative staff from the Consultant Connect cloud using secure log in details.
Please send from a secure email (such as NHS mail)
See Litchdon Information for GPs for information and consent form
Advice and Guidance teledermatology through NHS e-Referral Service (e-RS)
See Exeter Dermatology Information for GPs for information and consent form